ISO 45001:2018 is the newest addition to the ISO family. It exists to help the MYTCL organisation put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance. It is widely seen as the world’s most recognised occupational health and safety management systems standard.
Myanmar Yang Tse Copper Limited recognises that the safety and security of its employees and the communities in which it operates is an integral part of its business. We seek to create a mind-set where people believe it is possible to work injury free, regardless of what role they perform.
This Occupational Health and Safety Policy is to prevent injury and ill health to our workforce and to continually improve the performance of the OH&S management system, while complying to applicable legal and ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
Our guiding principles are:
• All injuries are preventable;
• Our most important objective is safety and health;
• Working safely is a condition of employment; and
• Any task that can’t be done safely shouldn’t be done.
To ensure these principles are adopted, MYTCL will:
• Train, motivate and empower all our people to work in a safe and responsible manner;
• Carry out risk assessments for all construction and operational activities;
• Ensure that health and safety performances comply with relevant legislation;
• Assist the local community in health awareness and activities;
• Establish and maintain a health and safety management system;
• Adhere to local laws as well as international standards on law enforcement in securing its operations, particularly those that relate to the use of force;
• Carry out risk assessments in relation to security issues at each of its project sites; and
• Ensure that security is managed in a way that avoids creating conflict and addresses security threats in as peaceful a way as possible.
By continually improving the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, MYTCL is committed to satisfying any interested party with excellence in health and safety performance that comply consistently with current legislation and regulations, at the best possible cost and delivered on a timely basis.