- by Public Relations Manager
Knight Piésold Limited (KP) has continued to work with Myanmar Yang Tse Copper Limited (MYTCL) on activities associated with the operation and closure planning at the S&K copper mine throughout the 2015 year.
- The work undertaken on the mine during 2015 has included:
- Finalising the detailed closure plan for the Sabetaung Pit;
- Monitoring of the activities associated with the backfilling of the Sabetaung Pit;
- Completion of the conceptual closure plan for the mine site;
- Preliminary review the physical stability of all the formed structures (waste rock dumps and heap leach pads) developed as part of the mining operation; and
- Development of a site water balance model to optimise water use on the site and identify the need to manage any outflows from the site that may occur during rainfall events which may test the capacity of water storage structures within the mine site.
A range of recommendations have been presented to MYTCL in reports that have been submitted. These recommendations have been discussed with staff and agreed prior to implementation to enable the recommendations to be included into the operational activities conducted on a daily basis on the site.
Knight Piésold has also provided advice to the mine management on a range of environmental matters over the year to assist the management in their decision making. This advice has included information on management systems, water quality, landform development, air quality monitoring and leachate containment.
Knight Piésold will continue to offer its services to MYTCL in 2016 to assist with the development of environmentally sustainable solutions to the operation.
DAVID MORGAN - Managing Director
BRETT LONEY - Manager Environmental Services